Our goal at AMRITA Pilates is to assist clients with injuries or health issues through the various stages of the recovery process. We also help them return to their daily activities or favorite sports, using Pilates-based therapeutic exercises. Our technique works well in conjunction with other modalities like physical therapy, chiropractic care, acupuncture, or massage therapy.
The foundation of the AMRITA practice is a blend of Traditional Pilates principals– breathing, centering, concentration, control, flow, and precision– with contemporary STOTT PILATES® principals– breathing, pelvic placement, ribcage placement, scapular movement/stabilization, and head/cervical placement.
Our main points of focus are:
- To help our clients maintain their physical strength and flexibility during certain times when adjustments to exercise regimens are required (as in pregnancy or post-surgery)
- To strengthen the deep core muscles, which stabilize the spine, and to improve the dynamic stability of peripheral joints. This allows optimum movement patterns throughout the entire body.
- To help our clients improve their posture and mind-body awareness.
- To design exercise programs that gently strengthen the body parts in post-injury stages, facilitated by the support of spring resistances and props, and by the use of various planes of movement.
- To help our clients improve their skills to match increases in their physical activity to prevent re-injury.
Our Clients Speak
Here we showcase some of our clients and their inspiring recovery stories.
These clients have rediscovered the joy of movement and regained the physical freedom to enjoy their favorite sports and activities. And now they can do so with improved coordination, control, mind-body awareness, and endurance.